Tuesday, April 10, 2012

THIS AND THAT

Editor's Note: This was a week of on again and off again e-mails.
He was on for a short while and then off and then on again to write more.
I will put some of what he sent.

Hey Mom,
Sorry that I didn't really write you the last two weeks.
It is vacation here so there is not alot going on. Chilpancingo is pretty empty.
I am actually scared to come home because Jordan is going to beat the crap out of me.
Not going to lie, I haven't exercised in a long time. It is hard for me. I have never done it in my life.
I have to start, I know it is not a competition but I want to show Jordan that his older brother is not a wimp.
We played basketball today, I love it. I wish I had dedicated more time to sports in elementary and Jr. High.
I remember my dream of being in the NBA or MLB. Ya no, dreams change.
The food is so good here mom, I love it. It is so much better then the US.
I have 7 months left, I want to go home to see my family but Utah is not Mexico.
I have the Doctrine and Covenants DVD, it is awesome. BUY It!!! Watch the John Tanner Video. AMAZING!
Anyway, this DVD (which cost 25 pesos, 2 bucks) has over 200 visual aids. One of them is a Mom and Dad, their kids, and so on.
Millions of people....talk about how many baptisms Dad really has....he didn't go on a real mission but the four people he baptized will keep the baptisms rolling.
Sorry about the spiel. I just worry about my family. The more our minds are opened the more we think about the empty seats in the Celestial Kingdom.
I read Ali's email. Wow....I love the way she writes. It is pretty funny.
We have to go to a meeting right now, but we will be getting on at 7 your time and at 8 my time.
I love you and miss you alot. I am glad that I am not who I used to be. What a sad comparison you just did between brothers.
Put it in the Chadwick scriptures so we don't make the same mistake again.
"And it came to pass that Jordan was lazy and fell asleep during scriptures and prayer.....the hearts of the brother turn into the heart of the other brother....(something like that)
Well, got to go.
Love ya
Elder Chadwick

Editor's note: I asked him if he and his companion were getting along and if they were working. This is his response.
We are working, we are doing great. We never fight or argue. He is my favorite companion so far.
God is really stretching us by different problems we have now faced before in the mission. We are a good team and are working hard. Just because the work is slow does not mean we are not working.
We will be helping Moroni, a future missionary, get ready for his mission. He will be with us all day Wednesday.
We are also doing alot of service and it has really helped the members. I love the ward I am working in, but sometimes it is hard when the bishop is never home and we don't have a ward mission leader. The members are coming to us with alot of complaints about the bishop and at times it is hard to respond to their questions.
Thanks for checking mom. I really appreciate it.
If you could hug sister Johnson, Alexis's mom, for me, that would be great. Tell her that I love her and her family, especially her two Angels.
Well, my hour is up.
Thanks for being a cool mom.
Love ya
Elder Chadwick

GUESS WHAT????!!!!!
I just received a dearelder from Tamara Watkins. She was drum major with me and is a great friend of mine.
We have been writing back and forth every four months....ha ha.
Well, she got her mission call....yes, she is twenty. But can go because her dad is the mission president in San Jose California.
She received her call in Dec. and is going to serve in the Mesa Arizona Mission Spanish Speaking.
How cool is that???? I love it. She said she reads alot of the blogs of our friends from school.
She is also reading the book of Mormon in Spanish. (She is really smart, she got a 34 on the ACT)
I went to Sadie's with her. I don't know if you remember. Look on Facebook, we have glow in the dark stuff on.
Well, I also received two copies of the book of Mormon from the primary. I read about the Legacy of Amanda Johnson and almost cried.
I don't know if you know this but for the Spannaus challenge to mark all the times Christ is mentioned in the book of Mormon I used the color Orange to mark all the scriptures because it is Alexis's favorite color and I feel more closer to heaven when I underline with it. I know that they know what I did and am going to do with the copies del Book of Mormon. I am excited to share the testimonies of Analise and Sophia Lee with the people I am going to teach. I will have them write back to the primary children.
LOVE THE GOOD NEWS!!!!
Love Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment