Tuesday, March 20, 2012

EVEN MORE BAPTISMS!

Well, we baptized four people this last week, and it is a really funny, cool, spiritual story.

Last week I talked about Irlanda and Julio. The girl who wanted to be baptized the day after she visited church the first time.

Well, I had a little chat with President Spannaus and got special permission to baptize them this week.

When we were teaching the commandments, the law of chastity to be exact, and Julio had told us the week before that they were getting married. So while teaching I said, " Julio said that you two are going to get married, will you obey this commandment and not have sexual relation...." I didn't get done saying the sentence when I saw the face of Irlanda. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I didn't know about this marriage thing...." she responded. "Whoops...." big whoops from Elder Chadwick. Later in the lesson Julio gave away the surprise and told us that he had already sent the papers in and ask her mother for her hand in marriage. We were all stunned........more Irlanda then us.....

Well, the next day they both passed their interviews with flying colors.....we left at 9:15 and they got married at 10:30....

Earlier that night, Elder Hernandez interviewed Jose Luis and Sol too. They both passed.....the next day they got married too.

Within 24 hours all four were married and baptized.

The baptismal service was a success. The parents of Jose and Sol and more of their family came. It was great. The spirit was really strong.

We later found out that the mom of Sol is a member, was baptized in Mexico DF.

To answer moms question, today was transfers.....I am staying here in Chilpancingo. At the end of this transfer I will have 7 months here. LOVE IT!

I am doing great. Didn't get sick the last transfer so everything is peachy.

My companion is awesome. He actually lives five minutes from the temple in Mexico City.

He is learning English from his Master....aka Elder Chadwick.

We got another pair of shirts but didn't have time to take the photo today.

We are really like peas and carrots......haha

We have a new district leader, Elder Crook, he has 13 months in the mission and is from Payson....or close to there.

We will have district meeting tomorrow so we will see how cool he really is with a district that has been together for a long time.

My Friends from Peru and Columbia got changed....now we don't have our group of four countries. Sad....

But life must move on.....

Well, my friends. Time to write papa.

Love ya

Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment