Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"LET'S GET TO WORK!"

Hey Family,
I am just going to say "Hey Family" because we are all spirit brother and sisters.
I received all the pictures from the Family Party. Wow, it was so cool to see all of you today.
Everyone looks good and happy. I am glad to see everything is going well. I am digging the Yankees hat Braxton.
Who is reading Mormon Doctrine?....I want to read it...after the mission perhaps...ha ha. (sent him a photo of the family in the livingroom and he saw the book on the coffee table)
This last week I had enough and said "lets get to work."
My foot is still the same and still hurts when I walk.
It helps to hum hymns and remember stories from the scriptures to help me to keep going.
We found some new investigators this last week and are trying really hard to get someone to come to church.
Yesterday was Conferencia de Rama (Branch).
The first counselor in the presidency stood up and talked about our thoughts.
It was great because that morning I had the feeling to study more about thoughts and how I could improve my thinking process. I looked up all the scriptures about thoughts and wrote them down and started comparing. I am still studying the topic, I love studying the scriptures.
Well, after the first counselor the stake president stood up, looked out at us and said "I am sorry, please forgive me. All the presidencies are not here to help you.
Also, I don't like any of this. I look out and there is really no one here. (Ouch) This is not a real conference. We are going to have the real one next week.
You will make invitations and send them around the pueblo (City). (He compared this with the proclamation King Benjamin made to his city.)
We will have flowers on both sides of the stand and this place will be clean.
Also, there will be another two stake presidents here next week. We will eat after sacrament meeting and then have a four hour meeting. Please don't come in this room after this hour." Anyway, he went on to plan the branch and it was in the end good for them. (he is really switching his typing/speaking to Spanish.)
After sacrament meeting I taught gospel principles, on the word of wisdom. We had a really good discussion about Coca Cola. It was great. I had to calm the sisters down and tell them that is not stated in the commandment that "Coca" is against this law.
But I did talk alot about addictions to it and to the TV.
In Priesthood, the stake president got things organized with the young men in the branch and now we have presidencies for the Deacons, Teacher and Priests.
After church at 2 the president of Seminary\institute came from Acapulco to talk to the youth and young single adults. It just so happened to be the family from my first area. I finally had the privilege of having a full conversation with them.
They said that my Spanish has really improved and that they were thankful that I could finally communicate with them.
At 7 we had a Branch Council meeting. We attended and helped out ALOT! They have a goal to be a ward and so they finally sat down and put a plan together so they could have more personas come to church next week and well for the rest of time.....
The primary presidency had alot of problems and I am thankful that my family had the opportunity to serve in the primary together this last year. I now am working with the sisters to set up sharing time and singing time and a battle plan to control the kids.
This is great. The branch is really growing....spiritually. We might not have a great increase in numbers but the knowledge and espiritualidad has really took a leap. I am excited to see if we can pull this week off and fill the Chapel. It would be great.
It is so cool to be a Mormon. Just to let you all know. Eternal Life is so the next level up and I know I am on the right path.
I read alot about temples this last week and am helping alot of members to get to the temple. It is hard because they don't have money. But they do have a testimony.
I am a Keeper of the Covenants. Is that not cool? My whole family is, we are eternal and it is never going to end. Literally. I am so happy to be sealed to my parents and know that I can someday have someone fantastic, worthy, virtuous, brilliant, young lady across from me in the temple and for all eternity.
Well, I am just full of the spirit right now. Church video do that to you....they just fill you right up and it is great. I love it.
I am really "showing up" now and speaking more. (I passed on the story from Bro. Reeves and our sacrament meeting on 7-17 about "showing up")The mission is more easy now that I know Spanish. I have a long way to go, but I can finally be myself.
I miss you all soooooo much. But I am OK with the very tan family I have down here and the beach....that is always a plus.
Love you all
Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment