Monday, July 25, 2011

FOOT ALL BETTER NOW!

This week was great!
It seems that when President comes into town everything gets better. I am in perfect health now and my foot doesn't hurt anymore. I finally can work out normally and run a little. I am thankful that I have great health. There are many people in the pueblo I am in that are sick right now because of the Heart and flies.
Last Tuesday started off great. My comp had a feeling to go visit a investigators house. We ended up teaching her daughter who speaks three languages. We still taught her in Spanish. It was great because there were a lot of distractions and I had to get up and go to the bathroom right before we talked about Joseph Smith. Right before my comp started the first vision the ice cream man drove up and they bought ice cream. With ice cream in hand my companion recited the first vision. The spirit was sooooo strong. Belindas countenance changed, she had a lot of goosebumps and had a huge smile. After explaining more about Jose Smith and the Book of Mormon we challenged her to be baptized when she received a answer that this was the Lords church. "I am already convinced, I know this is the true church" she said to that. We then committed her to be baptized on the 13th of August. The next visit she asked when her baptism was....we said the 13th of August. She said "ok, because that is the day of my baptism." Boy, did this experience bring joy to my soul. She was really prepared to receive the gospel.
Also on that same Tuesday were interviews, and they brought my package! I love everything in it. Especially my little book of Mormon! I carry it everywhere. I have random scripture moments to cheer me up if something falls through.
Interviews were great. President said "The mission is a marathon not a race" ha ha. Okay, I will slow down alittle pres.
After interviews that night we had another Goose bump experience with Juan Carlos. It was great. We saw him on his bike but we have not talked to him again.
I am excited for this week and next month. It is the Chadwick birthday month of August! ha ha.
We should have a couple get wet in August. We have had a drought for a while.
Changes are on the 22nd of August so we are working hard to do all we can to baptize.
Branch Conference was great! We almost filled the Chapel. (It was quite the sight)
We had 10 to 15 non members there, and everyone who usually comes.
Well, got to go....time is up. Off to Ziuat....
Love Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment