Monday, November 14, 2011

ZONE CONFERENCE AND TRANSFER

Tuesday 11-8-11
The night before the rest of the Zone came down to Ziuat, 4 elders slept over at our house in SJ. Two of them were Mexicans. Mexicans are really more comfortable around each other I notice. More hugging and kissing then in the US. (Well, mostly the ladies do the kiss and greet.)
I find it hilarious to see the face of the other elders when I only add water to my pancake mix and it tastes better then their mothers pancakes.
We woke up at 5:30 to get to Ziuat for b-fast at 7:30. Oh, almost forgot. Elder Nelson and I brought everyone to Lalos Burger the night before and so we now get a discount. 30 pesos por uno hawaiana! Delisious. Wish the boss would have done that a month ago. It is a tradtion we have to go to hamburgers every Monday.
Back to Zone Conference. I played prelude and lead the music like always. I am getting better at regular hymns.
ZC started out with President Spannaus laying down the law. He drew a man on the board and put a box around him. Inside of the box is law, outside sin. That was before the mission, now the box is tighter. The laws have changed and so will we he said. He put a curve on the side of the smaller box and said sometimes we interpret the laws in our own way, well when we get back we will do the same thing if we keep doing it that way. Then the law seems to expand to a bubble but it is really the sin that is shrinking. When we live Gods law we can become free. One thing I learned from reading "Jesus the Christ" is Happiness never calls for repentance. I like that. No one likes to repent. I know we have to, but let us do it less. Sometimes we think we are happy when we are only pleasing ourselves for a moment. (Please read "Pleasure versus Happiness" Pg. 247 in "Jesus the Christ")
We learned from the APs that all the missions goals are weak.
So they put out a mission standard.
For every week each companionship needs: 1 Baptism, 15 with date, 5 in Sacrament meeting, 25 lessons, 8 of 25 with member, and 25 new invest. WOW! those are High Standards!
Only one companionship completed on of those last week. We were close with 20 new investsigators.
Hermana Spannaus talked about Desire. She used alot from Elder Oaks talk about desire. We each received a paper that read. "My greatest desire in the mission right now is_____."
Lets just say my desires have changed a bit since ZC.
President Spannaus was up again and talked about discipleship. I loved this.
He asked, " How do you know that you love Jesus Christ? ( John 14:5, Deut 5:10, D&C 42:29)
How do you know if you are a disciple? ( john 13: 34-35; 8:31-32 D&C 41:5; 103: 27-28; 50:26; 45:32)
Do you really know the Savior? How? (John 7:17; 21:15; 1 john 2:3, Mosiah 4: 11-12, 16 D&C 50:24, Mosiah 5:13)
If we really love Him we keep his commandments and learn to be like Him.
We constantly have to evaluate our lives and try to become more like Him.
Everything is stacked in our favor to become like him and enjoy real freedom and happiness.
Last was Testimonies. My Favorite part. Some missionaries have some extreme experiences and conversion stories.
One of them was like mine. (I really felt the spirit while he was talking) I love hearing others stories and testimonies so I don't feel alone or crazy with things that will happen or have happened to me.
And that was ZC.
Wednesday
Interesting day. We ran into five people that speak English. It was nice to chat with them for a bit and help them speak better.
I found this place in Peta that sells tortas. SO GOOD! Every time we go there I buy one. Ham, Hot dog, string cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce and mayonnaise, GRILLED! YUM! Only 16 pesos, what a steal of a deal!
Elder Nelson bought food from the Super Precio and a girl who worked there asked if I spoke Spanish. I said yes and the conversation continued. She was baptized in the ocean 4 years ago. And I committed her to go to church and read the BofM.
I had the Himnos CDs burned with extra money I had and now we have more music and I can memorize all the Spanish hymns.
Hermana Gonzalez made us Chocolate banana smoothies. YUM! I am really going to miss this family like I have said before. They always make me smile. Andrea always has something to say and is really good at making fun of me for a 9 year old girl. I said," Andrea can't read still" and she said " and Elder Chadwick can't lose weight!" Ouch, but I deserved it. I am definately coming back to visit them.
Thursday
While getting ready this morning I was eat Trix and notice I didn't have my name tag on. All the sudden I felt naked so I left my Trix to go soggy and ran and got my name tag.
In personal study today I was reading Ch. 4 of PMG about he Holy Ghost. The activity said to read the heading of Acts, so I did.
I came across the heading of ch 7 and found that Stephen names Moses a prototype of Christ. What is that suppose to mean?
What is a Prototype? It is a first or rough draft of the final product.
Moses had to be hidden when he was born. He was prince for a time. Was cast out. Saw God. Did many miracles but people did not believe. Freed people from slavery. Spent 40 days with God. Fasted for 40 days.
Jesus did most of the same things. I am still studying this. I love it. Both Moses and Jesus are the most talked of people today and throughout history.
Friday 11-11-11-11-11
How cool is that? did you look at the clock at 11:11 on 11-11-11? Just wondering. (have to type faster no time these days)
Interview in Ziaut. Sat by 90 year old man that could not stop talking to me, smelled like pee and didn't know where he was on the bus ride home. It was entertaining and I helped him out and now I have a new friend.
Elder Nelson taught me how to juggle a soccer ball. Now I have a new cardio workout.
Here is a poem I really like. President Spannaus gave it to us. I am a Disciple of Christ.
The Fellowship of the Unashamed
I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed.
I have the Holy Spirit Power. The die has been cast.
I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer and labor by power.
My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.
And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My colors will be clear for "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation everyone who believes." (Romans 1:16)


Hope you like it.
Well I am getting transferred to Chilpancingo.
The area is called Airport. How cool is that?
I will send pictures next week.
Love you all.
Bye bye SJ Hello Chipo.
Not looking forward to six hours on bus but that is ok.
Love ya alll
Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment