Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TO MUCH INFORMATION?

Dear Readers,
I never know exactly what I will get from my son. 
Below is an example of this. 
We have the funny, the serious and the "I'm going to tell my parents I am living in a dangerous area and I'm sure they won't worry" information. Enjoy the e-mail. It is typical DJ.
Tina

Hey mom,
I would sure like some more videos. That was sweet. Thank you!
I didn't get your email with the talks....
I never know how my grandparents are because they never write me....hint hint....
We worked really hard this week and every lesson we had was with a member present.
Elder Miguel is doing great and back to normal. He invited me to California buffet today...I ate to much...love buffets.
Here is something funny about my companion.
So on Friday we were getting ready to leave the apartment and my companion yelled from the bathroom "WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE WIPPIES!!" I responded "USE TOILET PAPER!!"
"I don't like too....you will learn when you have a weird butt in 40 years.."
So he waited 2 hours to go buy wipies at the Superprecio...they didn't have any... so he had to wait a hour, because we had an appointment, and went and looked for them at another store. 35 pesos, he could have saved 30 pesos using regular toilet paper. We got a good laugh out of that little experience.
So everyone we found this week is not progressing! I don't like it very much, not at all!
We had branch conference yesterday and people brought their family and friends and so it made up for the others who aren't progressing.
On Thursday night we taught a man named Agustine, he could not say the prayer because he thinks he has to have more experience with other things first. We found out at the end of the lesson that he really doesn't know if God exists or not and so we changed the challenge from praying if Jose Smith was a prophet to does God really exist. It was late so we could not really go in deep to this with him. His wife is a inactive member, didn't keep her commitment to come to church this Sunday.
The surprise was that Monse, one of Elder Miguels converts, brought her husbands brother to church and he enjoyed it. We had a great priesthood meeting on missionary work and how it is a life time calling for us and we always need to carry something of the church around with us so people ask what we are reading or doing. The spirit was really strong as the brethren shared their conversion stories.
I love this area, I feel it is where I need to be right now.
Okay, don't be alarmed by this, it is a letter we received from the Area Presidency of Mexico.


We recommend that the missionaries keep a low profile during the next 2-3 weeks, including the following:
 No attending American institutionssuch as McDonald's and Burger King.
No Coming home later than 9:00 pm 
Do not respond to calls or invitations from unknown people.
Strictly obey the rules of the mission. 
Be alert to the whisper of the Holy Spirit and heed the whisper.
Advise the mission president of any strange situation that could be dangerous for missionaries.
Maintain daily contact with district leaders.
Avoid being present or near groups of people on the street, whether peaceful or violent.
Pray each day for God's protection in their daily activities and express gratitude every day for the protection afforded.
May God bless you and your missionaries.
Elder Johnson
Elder De Hoyos 
Elder Tenorio
Let's be faithful and obedient to our leaders and God bless and protect us for it.
President Spannaus
Misión Mexico Cuernavaca
Interesting, no? I think it is because the Mexican elections are going to happen during this time.
Well, I love my family and can't wait to see them in 5 months. I completed 19 months yesterday.
Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment