Friday, October 14, 2011

BOOK OF MORMON CHALLENGE

This last week Elder Nelson and I challenged the whole branch to read the Book of Mormon with us by the end of the year. I am excited to see what happens. There are alot of members excited about this, we did included a little prize if they completed it. Some church DVDs or a new triple. Some members on the other hand say they do not have time and think that no one will do it. They always compare themselves to us in the US. "You have a temple 15 min. away " and so on. I told him I had a busy life throughout high school and still found time every day to read scriptures with my family. We will see how it goes.
So we were tracting in Palos Blancos and we ran into this lady. Evangelica. Her brother got deported back to Mexico from the U.S. because of some mental problems. So we were like "where is he?" and she pointed to this brick house. "He lives there, it looks abandoned" I said.
We went over and this bearded man was seated on the ground, his nails were long and there was a lock on the door. He didn't really respond to us. It was one of those times when I wanted to bless him and so his schizophrenia would be gone but I was afraid it wouldn't work. Oh me of little faith.
We will see what happens. That same day we found a couple that lived in Utah and had some great experiences with the missionaries there and want to hear alot more. I am excited to teach them. There is alot going on here and I am still loving it more then ever.
The branch is growing one soul at a time. Interviews are tomorrow. We will see how it goes...
love Elder Chadwick

Elder Chadwick's letter to his Dad
Thanks for the email dad. It is always great to hear from you. I miss you alot. I wish you could be out here to see some of the crazy things in Mexico. I guess the US gave a couple helicopters to Mexico and they have really tightened up security here. We see them searching and flying by every day. I am used to it, but it is a different thing to the people here.
I am enjoying my time here and love the people still. I will have 7 months here in Nov. and complete a year in the mission. What exactly do you do for your new job? can you give me the details please. Thank you. That is cool that you get to chill with mom today.
Well, like Elder Holland said, this is a war out here. Temporal and spiritual. It all starts in the home of every family. It is sad how the father or mother can tear apart a family when making stupid decisions. It saddens me to see men treat lady's or their wife with disrespect. Sometimes I just want to smack them in the face with my scripture bag and say "Now that is scripture power" but you know that that would not be right. I just get mad inside and focus my energy on something Heavenly.
Well, I have to email mom so I will talk to you later.
Love Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment