Monday, February 20, 2012

ANOTHER GREAT WEEK!

Elder Chadwick will be getting a new mission President in July.

Bruce C. and Alynda K. Kusch

Bruce Calvin Kusch, 60, and Alynda Kidd Kusch, four children, Rexburg 6th Ward, Rexburg Idaho East Stake. Brother Kusch is a counselor in a Young Men presidency and is a former stake president, counselor in a stake presidency, high councilor, bishop and missionary in the Guatemala/El Salvador Mission. Associate academic vice president for curriculum, Brigham Young University-Idaho. Born in Lynwood, Calif., to Zygfred Sylvester and Laura Stocking Kusch.
Sister Kusch is a gospel doctrine teacher and is a former counselor in a stake Relief Society presidency, adviser in a stake Relief Society presidency, stake seminary supervisor, counselor in a ward Relief Society presidency and seminary teacher. Born in Orange, Calif., to Ralph Cicero and Ora Lundquist Kidd.

This week was great. I am loving the work more and more. Especially because we had zone conference this last week. President Spannaus used a slide show to show us how the Book of Mormon came to be. It was awesome. I learned something new. That Sister Whitmer saw the gold plates and angel moroni.

So on Thursday we were waiting for a van to pick us up and we were going to go up on the top of the mountain but one was passing to go to the grave yard where Yesenia lives.
I know it was the spirit prompting me to take it. So we did and we got to the door if Yesenia and her in laws were there with her kids. Maria, her daughter was there and was the one that chose not to get baptized this last Saturday. We asked if we could talk to her and she was really excited to talk to us. We started with a prayer and then read in 2 Nephi 31 about baptism.
I asked her "What do these scriptures mean to you?" she answered..."Well, we have to baptized to enter into the kingdom of God. I talked to my mom and told her I want to be baptized...." I think my face was priceless because I was so surprised. (Almost fell off of my chair.) She had a huge smile on her face.

The next day we tried and tried to call Yesenia to see when she didnt have work. She finally answered at 9:20 on Friday night. She said the next day at 1 o'clock. So we started calling around to see who could go. The next morning we cleaned out the font. I will try to attach some photos. It took three hours to fill the font with hot water. It really makes a difference when the water is warm. I think the spirit is stronger for some people if the water is warm.
After picking the family up we headed to the baptism. Only two people showed up, but it was great. We got to use a new DVD that we received with all the mormon messages on it. (Elder Johanson made it. Now all the mission has it. Way to be MUERTO....:)
I had the privilage of baptizing her. When she left the water she said it was sweet or "Dulce".
I also had the privilage of confirming her a member and giving her the Holy Ghost.
Not going to lie, I was kind of nervous in front of everyone in Sacrement Meeting.


Maria Luisa Villanuava Gonzalez
We have two baptisms planned for this next week. I am excited. Jose Luis and his future wife (as of tommorow). It will be great and then the family of Victor on the 3rd.
Elder Romero and I are working really hard and we are expecting a great week.
Well, love you all. Thanks for all your prayers. They are felt.
Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment