Tuesday, September 25, 2012

SHORT AND SWEET

Elder Chadwick only wrote a short note to his dad this week. You will see it below.
He did mention on another short e-mail to me that he is feeling fine and doing well. He is struggling
with the new rules. I had mentioned to him about watching Elder Holland's CES talk and this was his response. Not sure what a "memoria" is.


I bought a new memoria and will try to watch it this week.
I can go on lds.org and Mormon.org now.
I also have been reading Jordan's blogs.
I loved the emails.
I don't really have anything to say this week.
Everything is really slow with the new rules.
But every night is Family Night here!!!

The new rules say they can't go into a home without a priest age or older male with them. They usually have to wait until school is out at three. That is why every night is FHE. They do a lot of their teaching then.
As for the rule about no street contacting, he didn't mention why. I will ask him again.


hey dad,
Everything is just peachy here. I am loving life.
We had a conference with pres. and he told us that he was not going to tell
us what to do with these new rules but that we had to go to the Lord with
faith to find the answers.
I am going to write Jordan today. Mom has commanded me to do so.
We don't have a lot of people to teach. We are helping an 8 year old prepare
for baptism.
I am excited to come home in 9 weeks. It seems so close.
Mom seems to be preparing me with sending me articles by Janice Kapp Perry.
I am not really excited to find a wife though. It is a tricky business,
right?
I guess I should just not think about it until I get home.
I really want to return for the sealing of one of the families I baptized
in March.
Well, I hope you have a great week.
Love
Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment