Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HE'S HEADED TO MEXICO!!! SOON

Dear Mom and Dad,
It is pretty cool we will be leaving by the end of the month. I was getting worried. This place is great but it is time to move on. The extra week or two will help. I will be a little more prepared.
I have saved up for things that I want from the bookstore. This week I bought the stories of the Book of Mormon in Spanish. For one, so I can tell the stories better to investigators and two to more fully understand what is going on.
(took a break from writing and went to the Temple. We did initiatories and I got to know the temple workers of course. Don't worry, I didn't slow them down any.)
So, yesterday at lunch my companion and I ate lunch with HNO Ramirez and his friends. They talk really fast and mumble a lot but I was able to keep up and join in every once in a while. It is going to be weird not seeing the snow for 22 months. I might just die down there in paradise.
We sat next to a returned missionary in the temple and he said it gets 1000 times better in the field.
I was telling elder Oswald that I was not going to miss him as much because I will have the privilege of seeing him at mission conference once a month.
BTW Mom, when do I get to hear/read cool stories form your mission? I tell you all mine. lol
I almost wet my pants when Jordan told me about his new job at the flower shop. haha We are having a teaching week so all we do is contact, invite, teach and start over or have progressive investigators.
Our new Zone tutor introduced herself yesterday. Her name is Hermana Keller. I can already tell she is going to be great. She was so excited to meet all of us. Let's see, what else should I tell you. Oh, Elder Larsen and I are like peas and carrots. we are hanging out post mish (post mission). I am excited for that. I tutor Elder Larsen every night from 9:30 to 10:00. It helps me a lot.
My arm stopped hurting, that is a plus. (he received his final shots last week)
The lady that shot me was form American Fork. Her son was on drum line there. She was the band nurse.
Many of my friends from school/Spanish class came in this last week. It is pretty cool. One is being sent to Santiago Chile.
When I am an investigator for someone my name is either Santiago or Domingo. Elder Oswald was like,"no one would name their kid Sunday" (Domingo in Spanish is Sunday)Then I asked HNo Ramirez and he said "that Domingo is a very popular name" and then I told elder Oswald to eat cake, in Spanish. It was really funny. What else is funny is Elder Nerser. He was singing Barry Manilow at lunch today. What an Elder he is. There is never a dull moment here at the MTC.
I am actually going to write the bishop back today.
Did you hang up my plaque because I do not recall giving you a scripture. Just sayin.......lol.
I hope they have Chicken Cordon Bleu tonight. The man in the temple remembers that particular piece of food here.
Well, it is time to write the bishop. Oh, who was the Stake President in between Gibson and Anderson? I ate dinner with him a couple days ago. (thank goodness I didn't need to use his name.)
But anyway, thanks for everything.
Love, Elder Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment